My Garbage Collector

Hamdi Makni's Blog

To integrate an SVG document into an html file, there are three different tags.

We can use: embed, object or iframe, but the browsers not support all of this tag. Therefore, we have some compatibility problem with every tag.

Some web developers prefer iframe because it is compatible with the most of browser, but the main problem is with internet explorer browser. In fact, when we use this tag, internet explorer sends a couple of request for every document. We can test it, in my case, I have a servlet wich generate an xml file, and a filter to transform the xml to SVG document, so when I use internet explorer, I receive a couple consecutive request, but with firefox I have no problem.

Consequently, I prefer to use embed tag surrounded with object tag, and with this couple, I have not any problem with internet explorer and firefox browser.

0 comments

Post a Comment